[Asterisk-Users] voicemail volume with sipura 3000

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Wed May 4 20:10:03 MST 2005

> > > Dunno.. Guess somewhere in the translation it gets amplified to an
> > > acceptable level. It seems to work though.
> >
> > The issue appears to be that, for some reason, files recorded as GSM or
> > WAV49 are encoded at a lower volume level than uncompressed WAV.  This is
> > true whether they were recorded in VoiceMail() or Record().  No one seems to
> > know why, and the bug reporting it has been stuck at the "Feature Request"
> > priority for months.
>
> Earlier today I filed a new bug report on this issue, and it was
> immediately deleted with the reason being that it was a duplicate of
> the one filed as a feature request.
>
> That's just dumb if you ask me.  It's a bug, it doesn't work like any
> normal person would expect it to, and it should not be filed as a
> feature request.    And why the people in charge of the bug tracker
> can't understand that is beyond me.

For the purposes of the bug tracker, #4173 was essentially identical to
#2023 and bkw referenced it back before it was closed. Unless there is
more to the story then what was entered in 4173, its simply a dup.

I also disagree with 2023 be labeled as a feature request, but I entered
that bug at the same time as 2022 and others decided those two were
duplicates. As a result, 2023 stuck as a feature request even though
everyone that has read it believes it really is a bug.