[Asterisk-Users] Connecting 2 * Together-Pulling hair out

mr. barker cabalitomb at shaw.ca
Wed May 4 18:23:08 MST 2005

I have read the docs on connecting 2* together but am unsure of a few things

Do I need a different account for each number that will be called from one
box to the other ? ie. Do I set up a user account on one and then have the
other box log into that account when it whats to make a call ?

I have 2 asterisk boxes and only one of them has the ability to access a
VoipAccount and PSTN connections.(*box 1). The other holds the SIP
extensions for the internal SIP users/exten(*box2)

I would like to be able to have the box with the Sip UA(*box2) on it to be
able to place a call using the box that has the VoipAccount and PSTN
connection.  I am able to make multiple UA calls on the VoipAccount and 3 on
the PSTN lines (only have 3 lines coming in).  I can get it to work if I
create a user exten on *box1 and map a trunk(which is really only an exten)
using the user/password login to that exten from *box2.  However when I try
to place a second call when the VOIP line is in use it gives me error (
basically saying can't use the trunk because it is in use)  I would like to
be able to have this exten/trunk to be able to use multiple connections on
it.

There must be an easier way to do this I am just not sure how.  I looked at
creating IAX trunks but still come up with the Trunk is really an Exten
name/password .

Any help would be appreciated. (my brain is boiling eggs)

Thank you.