[Asterisk-Users] Running explicit codecs between two hosts using distinct peers?

Kris Boutilier Kris.Boutilier at scrd.bc.ca
Wed May 4 13:51:42 MST 2005

I'm using cvs-head on some hosts and need to use the IAX multiple peers strategy to be able to have explicit codecs available to app_dial() - ie. hosta-ulaw, hosta-gsm etc.

For all my fiddling around I seem to be missing something. When I have multiple peer definitions everythings fine, but once I set different codecs for each using allow=, disallow= the codecs for each peer seem to go berzerk, right down to host-a trying to call host-b with slin for some of the definitions and/or each side of the iax call having a different codec...

Can someone please post the defintions from both sides of a working iax.conf that uses this strategy to do codec selection? I'm guessing it's a really simple issue that'll pop right out once I compare to a working config.

Thanks.

Kris Boutilier
Information Systems Coordinator
Sunshine Coast Regional District