[Asterisk-Users] Attended Transfer using wrong Context

Matthew Boehm mboehm at cytelcom.com
Wed May 4 09:50:12 MST 2005

The phone's context is "cytel-internal".
This allows us to hit "3XXX" to get someone on the inside.

If you hit "9" at the beginning, you Goto() the "cytel-outgoing" context.

So lets make a call..I'll dial 918005551212 (toll free directory).

The 9 sends it to cytel-outgoing. Call is made. Bridged. I then hit #9 for
attended transfer.

Allison says "Transfer". I start to enter 3013. But right after I hit the
first 3, it returns failed transfer:

res_features.c:800 builtin_atxfer: Did not read data.

Wtf?

So I do it again; and again. I tried every number and they all returned the
same error.

But this time I press 93013 and the call goes out the "cytel-outgoing"
context.

???!??

I'm lost. What is this thing doing?

-Matthew

Matthew Boehm, IT Director                    Cypress Telecommunications
mboehm at cytelcom.com                   3838 N. Sam Houston Parkway E #400
T: 832-200-8640 x3044                                  Houston, TX 77032

My girlfriend was recently diagnosed with multiple personality disorder;
 When she called yesterday, my CallerID box exploded.