[Asterisk-Users] ISDN transfer, handoff to masterswitch

Alex Mack amack at fhm.edu
Wed May 4 05:55:17 MST 2005

Hi!

I've setup * with a Junghanns.net QuadBRI card agaisnt an Ericsson
MD-110 PBX. All four ISDN channels are setup to simulate  EuroISDN
Point-to-Point ("Anlagenanschluss" in Germany) from the Ericsson's side.
Works well and I have had little problems at all.

Now what's happening during a call transfer of an ISDN call to another
ISDN destination? Does such a transfer block 2 b-channels (one in and
one out)? Or is it automatically handed off to the Ericsson so * is out
of the loop? Is EuroISDN capable of such a handoff? Or do I have to use
another protocol like Q.SIG for that feature?

I don't have experience with Q.SIG at all. I was happy * worked with the
EuroISDN trunk so well. But there's the issue with congestioning the
link to the PBX with too many (in my case 4) forwarded calls.

Does anyone have experiences with this? Are there references for Q-SIG
out there?

Thanks!

Alex Mack