[Asterisk-Users] Data calls trough IAX?

Henry Jensen hjensen at gmx.de
Wed May 4 01:30:59 MST 2005

Hello,

I have 2 *, one is between a Siemens HiPath and  the PSTN, having two PRIs
connected to each side.

When I call the Hipath to administer it (with Siemens HiPath Manager), I
usually call through the PSTN and all wents well.

However, I have a second Asterisk and when I call the first Asterisk trough
the second to connect to the HiPath, the call comes not through.

To show you what I mean:

This works:

HiPath Manager -- ISDN PBX -- PSTN -- Asterisk1 -- HiPath

This doesn't work:

HiPath Manager -- ISDN PBX -- Asterisk2 -- Asterisk1 -- HiPath

Note: Voice calls are working perfectly, it's only the data calls that
doesn't work.

The debug output shows the following:

 -- Accepting unauthenticated call from XXX.XXX.XX.XX, requested format =
8, actual format = 8
-- Executing Dial("IAX2/xxxxxx at xxxxxxxx/1", "Zap/g1/12345678") in
new stack
-- Called g1/12345678
-- Executing Dial("Zap/5-1", "Zap/g2/12345678") in new stack
-- Making new call for cr 32776
> Protocol Discriminator: Q.931 (8)  len=39
> Call Ref: len= 2 (reference 8/0x8) (Originator)
> Message type: SETUP (5)
> [04 03 80 90 a3]
> Bearer Capability (len= 5) [ Ext: 1  Q.931 Std: 0  Info
> transfer capability: Speech (0)
>                             Ext: 1  Trans mode/rate:
>                              64kbps, circuit-mode (16)
>                              Ext: 1  User information
>			layer 1: A-Law (35)

[...]

       -- Channel 0/1, span 2 got hangup
NEW_HANGUP DEBUG: Calling q931_hangup, ourstate Disconnect Indication, peerstate
Disconnect Request

I think the problem is the "transfer capability: Speech" line. It must be
"transfer capability: Unrestricted digital information".

Is there a way to set the transfer capability? I noticed there is a file
app_settransfercapability.c in CVS (but not in 1.0.7).

Is this possible with IAX at all?

Regards,
Henry