[Asterisk-Users] Detecting Fax and bad CDRs

Wed May 4 01:16:46 MST 2005

On Tue, 2005-05-03 at 13:41 -0500, Matthew Boehm wrote:
> > Personally, I presume you would need to bill your user for that 15
> > seconds, or else you will end up losing money.
>
>     You're exactly right. Not only that, but if the call is "Answer'd()" by
> asterisk, the disposition becomes 'ANSWERED' in the cdr AND I now have
> billable seconds.

That's right, so you will pay for the call...

>     This is bad 'cause if someone calls a customer and hangs up before VM
> picks up, the call was Answered, the CDR shows billable time and therefore
> CDR will tell my customer the call was answered, instead of "missed" and I
> bill them for that.

Well, the customer's phone never answered the call, so it should still
show as a missed call. Unless you get the missed calls list from the
CDR...

Oh, and wouldn't you HAVE to bill them, or else you are losing money,
possibly a lot?

>     Is there any way to change the CDR info after the callee has hung up?

The only way to accomplish what you would (AFAICT) would be to make some
new app_unanswer or something, which would mark somewhere within
asterisk, that the call has not been answered, even though
physically/protocol on the card, the line has been answered. Overall,
I'd say that even this wouldn't work easily, since it would probably
confuse chan_sip or other channels, when the other end is sending audio,
and we don't expect that on a un-answered call...

Just my thoughts...

Regards,
Adam

Adam Goryachev