[Asterisk-Users] Problems with TDM400P card

Wed May 4 00:34:56 MST 2005

On Tue, 2005-05-03 at 07:39 -0600, Rich Adamson wrote:
> > > To help identify the source of the delays, I built a new system this
> > > weekend from scratch. When that is complete, I'll use it to compare
> > > the differences in motherboards, OS distro's, and maybe kernel versions.
> >
> > Very good Rich, the results of that work will be very interesting.
>
> And now for the results (thus far)....
>
> Built a new system from scratch using ECS PM800-M2 Mobo, ide 7200 rpm
> drive, 2.7ghz celery, 512 meg, fedora 3 (v2.6.9-1.667, no updates).
>
> With TDM04b installed only (new system):
>  - 'vmstat 1' shows 100% cpu every 8 seconds with no significant changes
>     while processing a single pstn or iax call.
>  - zttest shows 99.987793% consistently with no significant variation
>  - wctdm using Int #11 (no sharing)

Well, if you would like another data point, my current system has:
1 x X100p
1 x TDM40b  (I think, quad FXS)
1 x TE410p  (Quad E1 card)

it never has 0% under the idle column, though it does occassionally
approach 50% (eg, 52% etc) and is a dual AMD Athlon MP CPU.

Results from zttest (while asterisk is running):
--- Results after 63 passes ---
Best: 100.000000 -- Worst: 99.987793

All samples are 100% except 13 which are 99.987793

All cards are on their own IRQ (16/17 and 18)

Kernel 2.6.11 (plain linux kernel, custom compiled)

More details available on request, just let me know what you want...

Regards,
Adam

Adam Goryachev
Website Managers