[Asterisk-Users] Directory for Polycom 600

Charlie Watts cwatts at mercurypay.com
Tue May 3 13:52:50 MST 2005

Chris Mason (Lists) wrote:
> What's the easiest way to handle directory entries on these phones? I
> am using a XML editor and Samba to allow access to the files, but
> it's a bit of a PITA, what is everyone else doing?

I'm building mine out of the company directory, and pre-seeding the
phones. I'm working on some XML widgets to be able to add/remove
employees from everybody's directory without clobbering any local
modifications.

I *so* wish they had an option to do an HTTP get for each directory
access. Maybe that's in firmware 1.5! (I can dream, I guess ...)