[Asterisk-Users] zttool: BLU/RED Alarm

Alexander Lopez alex.lopez at opsys.com
Tue May 3 12:24:13 MST 2005

>From : http://www.techfest.com/networking/wan/t1.htm

T1 has a number of other defined alarm and control signals. The alarm
signals have different color designations and are used to indicate
serious problems on the link. These alarm signals are defined as:

Red Alarm
This is a local equipment alarm. It indicates that the incoming signal
has been corrupted for a number of seconds. The red alarm shows up
visually on the equipment that detects the failure. This equipment will
then begin sending a yellow alarm as its outbound signal.

Yellow Alarm
The yellow alarm alerts the network that a failure has been detected.
The yellow alarm pattern has a number of different definitions. The most
common D4 definition is to set 1 bit of every channel to a ZERO.

Blue Alarm
A blue alarm indicates the total absence of incoming signal. This alarm
also serves to keep the circuit in synchronizations by sending
continuous transitions (an all 1's pattern).