[Asterisk-Users] IAX2 attended transfer on 1-0-6 Stable

Paul Redstone paul.redstone at solica.com
Tue May 3 10:47:34 MST 2005

Hi Guys

I'm still wrestling with trying to make IAX2 softphones do attended transfer.

My iax.conf section has:

[XXX]
secret=mysecret
context=mycontext
host=dynamic
type=friend
callerid="Paul Redstone"<NNNNNNNNNNNN>
mailbox=NNN   ; notifies if mailbox has something in
qualify=no   ; checks for connection every 10 seconds
notransfer=yes

All my dial statements in extensions.conf are like:

Dial(ZAP/g1/${ARG1},20,tTr)  with t and T so that I should be able to transfer.

Unattended transfer works OK using # but attended does not.

Features.conf has

[featuremap]
blindxfer => #1                ; Blind transfer key - this simple let syou
transfer a call and immediately hangup
disconnect => *0               ; Disconnect
automon => *1                  ; One Touch Record
atxfer => *2                   ; Attended transfer which lets you transfer and
talk to someone else then hangup to transfer

Not sure if this matters as I running 1-0-6 stable.

Tried every iax2 softphone around. I'm missing something here but cannot see
what it is. Google comes up with statements about attended transfers being
difficult but that is all.

Anyone definitive experience of softphones doing attended transfers?

TIA

Paul