[Asterisk-Users] Freak incidents, who's to blame?

Kris Boutilier Kris.Boutilier at scrd.bc.ca
Tue May 3 09:55:19 MST 2005

{clip}
> My questions are:  Who's to blame (telco, tdm card, * config,
> gremlins)?  Is this avoidable?

This is a condition known as 'glare' and is expected behaviour and is actually quite common on busy lines unless a handshaking protocol of some sort is use (such as wink or ground start). Essentially this handshake signals an intent to use the trunk before it's actually seized, thereby preventing both parties from seizing it simultaneously.

Google can provide far more detail.

Kris Boutilier
Information Services Coordinator
Sunshine Coast Regional District