[Asterisk-Users] Freak incidents, who's to blame?

Josiah Bryan jbryan at productiveconcepts.com
Tue May 3 09:16:31 MST 2005

On Tuesday 03 May 2005 11:40 am, Ryan Courtnage wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Everyone has probably experienced this at some point in the past:
> You pick up your analog phone.  Rather than hearing dialtone, you are
> connected with someone who has just called you.  Neither you nor them
> heard a ring.
>
> Maybe it's just me, but it seems these "freak incidents" would occur
> more frequently years ago, than now.
>
> I've now experienced this a couple of times with an * system (TDM400p
> - quad FXO):
> A SIP exten dials digits which are answered by a Zap trunk.  As soon
> as Zap answers, the SIP extension is connected with an inbound (PSTN)
> caller (who was expecting to hear an IVR).
>
> My questions are:  Who's to blame (telco, tdm card, * config,
> gremlins)?  Is this avoidable?

I dont know who to blame, but we've had the same problem here with our small
sales team. The sales team (about once a week) will dial a call on their
analog phones (analog cordless phones plugged into a few SPA-2001s) - they
press 'talk', dial the #, then immediatly are connected to an incomming
call... (I use two TDM quad FXO cards to service 8 incomming lines from
Sprint).

I havnt been able to track it down, and its not reproducable manually...

Anybody have any ideas?

-josiah

--
Josiah Bryan