[Asterisk-Users] Light weight and slimmed Asterisk

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Tue May 3 08:52:41 MST 2005

On May 3, 2005 11:25 am, Kumara Jayaweera wrote:
> Sorry for the numerous postings. but How could I slim my Asterisk PBX.
> Really I don't need such modules like Ex. chan_modem.so. Becouse, I don't
> have any special hardware. Please, could I hope your various suggetions in
> this regards. brief me your idea.

It sounds trite, but if you have enough experience with asterisk, you will
have a very good idea on what is and what is not required.  Given that you're
asking in the first place, I would suggest that you perhaps are not
experienced enough to try this at this time.

Get it working, and once you have enough experience it should be fairly
intuitive on how to slim down asterisk.  modules.conf is your friend.

Regards,
Andrew