[Asterisk-Users] Forwarding incoming calls via SIP

beonice beonice at yahoo.com
Tue May 3 08:00:52 MST 2005

   I accidentally posted this on the biz list,
    but it probably belongs here.

-------

Folks,

Has anyone successfully got a Libretel DID forwarded
to a Voicepulse Connect number for incoming calls?

I have signed up for an overseas DID with Libretel. My
main VOIP number is a VoicepulseConnect number, which
I've been happily using for incoming calls via IAX.

Libretel insists on SIP (or IAX via FWD ... but that's
adding another point of failure, potentially, so I
don't want to go there). The choices for forwarding
seem to be FWD, Generic SIP and Broadvoice. So, I
selected Generic SIP, and gave my address as:
   userid at srvr.voicepulse.com (the same userid and
srvr I  use to register asterisk at voicepulse
connect).

I see on the asterisk console that it successfully
registers asterisk on the Voicepulse SIP server.

When I call my Libretel DID, however, all I get is a
busy signal. Libretel tells me that when they try to
forward a call through to my VPC SIP-address, they get
a "user not known". VPC tells me they are not set up
for IP-forwarding incoming calls, that calls must be
dialed with a phone or PBX.

So, what are my options? Has anyone successfully got
Libretel and Voicepulse interacting? Any ideas on what
to do next?

Thanks,
Maya