[Asterisk-Users] Strange area codes when dialing outgoing calls on EuroISDN E1

administrator tootai admin at tootai.net
Tue May 3 06:45:40 MST 2005

Daniel Nyström a écrit :

>My server is located in Sweden. And as many European countries, we use a 0 to indicate area codes, and 00 to indicate international calls.
>And, when not having any leading 0, the call is a local call.
>But when dialing out through Asterisk, I can't use leading zeros! I havn't tried international calls, but non-local calls must begin directly with the area code without the leading zero to work.
>This is really problematic, cause there are no chance to call local calls, or service numbers, or even 112 (Swedish 911).
>According to the Telco, the number sent should include leading zeros, so the problem seems to be within Asterisk.
>Any tips is appriciated!

Hi Daniel,

asterisk is not your problem, it's your dialplan which is not adapted.
We are using 0 for long distance or area calls without problem. Someting
like dial(ZAP/1/0{EXEN}) should call your number prefixed with 0 If you
remove the leading 0 number will be dialed as is. Or perhaps you're
using a gateway PBX who automaticaly add/remove prefixes.

--
Daniel