[Asterisk-Users] Re: LiveVOIP

Wiley Siler wsiler at education2020.com
Tue May 3 06:40:37 MST 2005

I am a small customer myself and I have had some great service from
them.  Granted, I have a had a couple of techs who were not particularly
polite or customer oriented in the past, however, they have been very
good with helping me.  You have to realize these guys are growing so
fast and taking on so much new business that they are constantly at a
scramble to service tickets, get more capacity on the network, etc,
etc....  I know that is not much sonsolation to someone who may have a
problem.  However, it is just a matter of growing pains I think.

The problem that you are experiencing is probably upstream with Level3
as suggested.  The last time Level3 had an outage, it did the same thing
to me.

Geek, I think there are many people that have good experiences with
LiveVoip.  I understand that you are not one of them.  Teliax has good
service but the problem I have is the pricing.  The monthly reoccurring
costs are too much for what I and most others want.  I would rather buy
a pool of minutes and draw them as needed.  Teliax does not offer that
so it is a give and take.  However, if you don't mind the price it DOES
have good service.

I would give an alternate of VoipJet if outward dialing is all that is
needed.  I use them everyday and the quality is top notch.  So far, no
other provider has beat them for quality in my implementation.  I am
hoping that once LiveVoip opens another gateway closer to my site, I
will be able to use them for my outward dialing exclusively.  I already
use them for 800 service and I intend on using them for DID service too.

So... YMMV

Thanks,
Wiley