[Asterisk-Users] Group redial

trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Tue May 3 05:11:27 MST 2005

On Tue, 2005-05-03 at 07:54 -0400, Ronan Eckelberry wrote:
> My * seems to jump the gun when trying to dial out.  It always dials the
> 1st digit b4 it even picks up the channel....
>
> -Ronan

sounds like you may need a wait in there.  Because I dont do much with
real lines I cant really help ya beyond that.  When you pick up an
analogue line it can take upto a few seconds to get dialtone even
depending on switch load.  In 1996 or 1997 when 3 feet of snow dumped on
Boston in one night and everyone telecommuted the next day it took upto
30 seconds to get dialtone.  So how long to wait can be a tricky
proposition without proper dialtone detection.  Why I love digital lines
and all better :)

--
Trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com
UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402