[Asterisk-Users] Group redial

trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Tue May 3 02:52:05 MST 2005

On Tue, 2005-05-03 at 05:33 -0400, Ronan Eckelberry wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> 	Maybe someone has done this before, any help would be appreciated.
>
> 	I am trying to dial with multiple zap channels.  I want to dial with
> all channels and if the called # is busy, continue to redial with all
> channels, and then once 1 gets through hangup the others and bridge the
> call to my extension.

With one channel you could create a call file which will dial a number
and run an extension on answer.  That extension could simply dial your
sip phone.

For making all others hangup, I dont know if you can do that, but if its
busy you can set the retry to whatever you want.  Someone posted
earlier, I think today on the broadvoice thread about calling a radio
show contest, which sounds basically what you want.  If you dont want
this to call a context you should be able to specify Application:
instead, perhaps Dial.

A sample call file which would get you started could be something like:

Channel: something at somecontext
MaxRetries: 500
RetryTime: 1
WaitTime: 1
Context: callme
Extension: s

Hope this helps to get you started at least.

on my system the outgoing queue is /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing just
toss the file in there.  You may want to mv the file not cp it.  This is
to prevent a possible race condition where you have partially copied the
file and asterisk tries to read it and its not all there.  a mv from the
same partition does the whole thing at once.

--
Trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com
UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402