[Asterisk-Users] A good SIP receptionist phone

Mon May 2 20:15:34 MST 2005

On Mon, 2005-05-02 at 12:40 -0700, Sean Kennedy wrote:
> Adam Goryachev wrote:
> >On Sat, 2005-04-30 at 18:02 -0700, Sean Kennedy wrote:
> >The Polycom IP 600, Cisco 7960, and apparently the SNOM (some model)
> >phones can all do what he wants. ie, have multiple lines with blinking
> >red lights when a call arrives on that line.
> >The polycom ip600 and cisco 7960 both have 6 lines available.
> Ok, this is the first I've heard about it.  Will the lights show call
> status?  As in, if the call is put on hold on one of those other
> extensions, it will flash?  Or go green ( or another color ) when a call
> is connected on another extension?
>
> Basically a mimic of the partner ACS systems?
>
> To my knowledge, there is no such thing.  Am I wrong?

>From what I have heard, the snom phone is capable of this. I have also
heard some people say they got it working on polycom phones, but I
haven't been able to get it working. Though maybe I haven't tried as
hard as I need to...

I have seen many requests from many people asking how to make this work,
and am yet to see a decent 'howto'...

Hopefully, someone with this working on a polycom will chip in with what
they needed to config in the xml files, and the *
extensions.conf/sip.con files

Regards,
Adam

Adam Goryachev