[Asterisk-Users] BSD Compatability

trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Mon May 2 22:04:43 MST 2005

On Mon, 2005-05-02 at 21:55 -0700, snacktime wrote:
> Here is the translation table from a dell poweredge 2650/3.06 mhz
> running fbsd 5.4-stable.
>
> I'm running the zaptel ztdummy and * from 04/08/05 cvs head.  Haven't
> had any issues at all, but I'm not doing a lot of traffic either.
>
> Chris

I am managing two systems, one debian linux on a low end athalon and the
other fbsd 5.x on a p4 2.8GHz.  The p4 is about 2x the speed of the
athalon yet it has higher trnaslation times for all codecs, many are 1.5
times as long as the athalon which runs at about half the clock speed.

fbsd was built from ports (1.0.7) the debian box was the debian sarge
package (1.0.7).   Both run fine, for the traffic I do, I just noticed
that the translation times were higher on the faster box.  Although I
didnt build it I dont know if something odd was done.  I also dont know
if trnslation tables are computed realtime or not.

If they are precomputed then something done when they were made could
affect the times and thus they arent 'real'.

--
Trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com
UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402