[Asterisk-Users] Anyone else having Broadvoice issues today?

trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Mon May 2 21:59:06 MST 2005

On Mon, 2005-05-02 at 21:39 -0700, Luki wrote:
> has issues for 15 minutes. Stuff happens; I guess they are
> implementing the required wire-tapping and/or 911 stuff... or
> whatever.

I think its fair to say they are doing something :)

I also have few problems with them in general, just stuff happened
recently, and while for some things, temporary outages arent that big of
a deal, for many telephone stuff is more critical to their business or
whatever.  VoIP in general is new, and the legislation for US based (or
those that operate there) companies is changing which is going to force
them to make infrastructure changes.  Depending on how it was originally
set up it depends on how severe that is.

I am curious though about a companies competence when they have a
production system and it takes a week of multiple outages to chnage
something.  You would think any professional company would have a test
and development network seperate from the production one where they can
*anounce* and schedule downtime for infrastructure changes.

All in all though my only complaint with broadvoice is that their tech
support knows very little on average even about broadvoice specific
things, like their rate plans and what is actually included with each
package (ie which exchanges are within which subpackage for a given
country).  To bil this information has to exist somewhere, you would
think that on a corporate level they would make this information more
available like vonage does, but I can live without that.

--
Trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com
UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402