[Asterisk-Users] 7960 "multi-line" configuration

Matthew Boehm mboehm at cytelcom.com
Mon May 2 21:47:54 MST 2005

> No, you can use the same username and secret for all 6 lines
>
> A 7940 or 7960 will just "do the right thing"
>
> That right thing being, roll over the new call to the second line if
> the
> first is busy, etc.

There's no way. Asterisk doesn't support multiple logins from the same SIP
username.

You're telling me you have the same exact SIP<mac>.cnf file loaded into
every one of your 7960's?

You have 6 separate username/passwords and all 6 of those are registered on
all of your Cisco 7960 phones? And that you can send a call to a specific
extension on a specific phone?

I'd have to see that to believe it because every developer on the -dev list
will tell you that asterisk doesn't support simultaneous SIP logins.

-Matthew