[Asterisk-Users] asterisk and USRobotics Courier V.Everything

Eric Wieling aka ManxPower eric at fnords.org
Mon May 2 17:53:34 MST 2005

Guilherme Baião wrote:
> hi for all, would like to know if asterisk supports the modem USRobotics
> Courier V.Everything.  Looking for very I found one link that it says on
> a called module chan_modem_usr2976.so that the principle would function,
> but lowering the sources of asterisk I did not find this module,
> somebody can help me?

Rumor has it that the chan_modem_* modules were written by a couple of
drunken college students over Spring Break and never touched again.  You
are welcome to update them to make them work.  However, you'll have to
learn C as well as coding channel modules.

Why have these not been removed yet?

--Eric