[Asterisk-Users] 7960 "multi-line" configuration

Scott Henderson scott at finite-tech.com
Mon May 2 16:07:19 MST 2005

You can configure multiple button to use multiple extensions.  You do
this in the phones configure file, here is a quick example.

In this example the phone is the receptionist for two companies and it
also has an individual line appearance for the the receptionist DID
line.  Keep in mind that if you configure the voice mail box in the
sip.conf fill then you will see a voice mail indicator for each line as
well.

You will need to create entries in the sip.conf file for each extension
as well as dial plan entires in extensions.conf but then all should be well

# SIP Configuration Generic File

# Line 1
line1_name:  CRV_Reception
line1_authname: "crv_reception"
line1_password: "crv_reception"

# Line 2
line2_name: "KP_Reception"
line2_authname: "kp_reception"
line2_password: "kp_reception"

# Line 3
line3_name: "Colleen"
line3_authname: "colleen"
line3_password: "colleen"

# Line 4
line4_name: "Line 4"
line4_authname: "UNPROVISIONED"
line4_password: "UNPROVISIONED"

# Line 5
line5_name: "Line 5"
line5_authname: "UNPROVISIONED"
line5_password: "UNPROVISIONED"

# Line 6
line6_name:  "Line 6
line6_authname: "UNPROVISIONED"
line6_password: "UNPROVISIONED"

Scott Henderson
Finite Technologies Incorporated
3763 Image Drive, Anchorage, Alaska 99504
Phone: 907.339.8085 ext 6101, Fax: 907.333.4482
http://www.finite-tech.com
http://www.chillywall.com
http://www.virtuale.cc
http://www.mphage.com