[Asterisk-Users] Taking asterisk out of the media path - SIP - how is it achieved

David John Walsh davidjohnwalsh at gmail.com
Mon May 2 13:41:49 MST 2005

Hello

How do you make asterisk stay out of the media stream?  i.e once I set
a call up between two parties, even if asterisk fell over the call
would continue (in the same way a HLR on a mobile network works)

I understand that many features will be lost if I do this, but all
that I need seems to be supported by the end user hardware.

incidentally I have tried canreinvite=yes, doesn't seem to work.  I
have also tried removing any flags in the dial() command

Thank you for any information.

David