[Asterisk-Users] A good SIP receptionist phone

Jeff Pratt jsp at pizza73.com
Mon May 2 11:59:46 MST 2005

Pedro wrote:
> What I did once was create an announcement that got played to the
> receptionist announcing who the call was for based on the number that
> was called.  This allowed the receptionist to know which greeting to
> recite.

Why not turn that around?  Have the receptionist record a greeting for
each company, IE:

Hello this is company X, how may I help you?
Welcome to The Y Corporation, how may I direct your call?
Z Corp!  How can I help you?

that then gets Play()ed to the customer when the receptionist picks up
the call.  Saves wear and tear on the receptionists voice, so they'll
thank you, and it gives them a hint as to whicch company has been called.

Jeff