[Asterisk-Users] IAX Timeout

Joseph syscon at interbaun.com
Mon May 2 11:49:44 MST 2005

On Mon, 2005-05-02 at 12:40 -0400, Dan Levine wrote:
> The Box Itself doesn't get a new IP address, the router does.  What I'm
> looking to do is have the IAX connection re-register every hour or so.
> Is this the right idea?

Why not get a static IP?

If that is not available, some routers have a capabilities to update
your DNS setting and send you an email.
Nest, you can scan your email for an IP from certain provider if it
doesn't match lunch/execute a script that will reload asterisk.
I've never done it but I know it is possible to do it.

--
#Joseph