[Asterisk-Users] Outgoing calls, X100P

Iain Young iain at g7iii.net
Mon May 2 10:39:59 MST 2005

On Mon, May 02, 2005 at 01:02:34PM -0400, Mehmet Tolga Avcioglu wrote:

> I can't seem to be able to make outgoing calls with X100P card. I can
> receive calls fine and it picks up the line and sends the tones, but the
> telco doesn't recognize them. While the tones are sent I continue to
> hear the dial tone on the line when I pick up a parallel. I also cannot
> dial from the parallel until X100P hangs up the line.

I had the same trouble, here in the UK. What do you have rxgain and
txgain set at in zapata.conf ?

I found I had to raise the txgain to 0.25 to get it to work on my
British Telecom line (Cable Provider's line was fine)

I also had to up even further (to 3.0) in order to get inbound fax to
work, although I think I can back that off a little.

Of course, increasing the gain also gives me an echo issue, in
proportion to the gain values, so I suspect I have an impedance
issue. YMMV of course.

Hope that Helps

Iain