[Asterisk-Users] A good SIP receptionist phone

Mon May 2 09:08:01 MST 2005

On Mon, 2005-05-02 at 09:02 -0500, Matthew Boehm wrote:
> Adam Goryachev wrote:
> > The polycom ip600 and cisco 7960 both have 6 lines available.
>
>     Yes, but each of those 6 lines on the 7960 must have their own seperate
> SIP username/password. And if you are a small office with 6 7960s, thats 36
> username/passwords.

So? ??

With 100 of them, you have 600 entries in sip.conf ... I don't see the
problem?

Just write some simple script to create the entries automatically... I
wrote something like a 20 line shell script to build the polycom xml
files, and put them in the FTP dir, add the entries to the sip.conf, and
also add the entries for the extensions.conf (actually, I used the
asterisk DB magic, but same thing)...

So, to provision a new phone, I just:

and it is all done...

Regards,