[Asterisk-Users] Sipura SPA2000 dialplan vs Asterisk dialplan

Steve Prior sprior at geekster.com
Mon May 2 07:19:14 MST 2005

Trevor Peirce wrote:
> Steve Prior wrote:
>> the SPA2000 does for me over the one in Asterisk.  Is there a way to
>> disable
>> the use of the SPA2000 dialplan so I don't have to keep it in synch?
>> Or is
>> there some reason why it would be a bad idea for me to do so?
>

> Sure just put "x." as your dial plan and any number will be accepted.
> The catch is you'll have to wait for the Short (Long?) Digit Timeout to
> pass before the call goes to asterisk for processing. If the SPA has an
> idea of what digit combinations are accepted it will wait until it has a
> match and send the call along at just the right time.  No delays waiting
> the digit timer to expire.

Thanks for the info.  I also have an IAXy and it doesn't have anything like
the concept of a dial plan in the ATA, but I've never noticed any kind of
digit delay either - how long is this timeout on the Sipura?  So does the
IAXy just send digits as they come in whereas the Sipura tries to collect
them and send them all at once?

It sounds like a strategy might be to use the "X." dialplan while I'm
tinkering with the Asterisk side of things, and once I've got something
I want to keep stable I'd make the Sipura dial plan more specific.

Steve