[Asterisk-Users] Caller Hears Ring During Attended Transfer?

Daryll Strauss daryll.strauss at gmail.com
Sun May 1 20:35:40 MST 2005

I'm running Asterisk 1.0.7 and SPA-3000 Firmware 2.0.13g.

A call comes in to my asterisk box via SIP (the Sipura isn't involved)
and I answer it using an analog phone on the Sipura. I then decide to
forward it to another phone. I flash the line, dial the new extension,
and flash again. At this point I and the caller hear the destination
phone ring. If I then hang up, the caller stops hearing the ring.
Eventually the voicemail picks up and the caller hears the
announcement and everything works as normal. It's just rather
disconcerting for the caller to not hear anything.

Is this an Asterisk bug, Sipura bug, or operator (me) error?

- |Daryll