[Asterisk-Users] Pre-Parse Extensions.conf?

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Sun May 1 17:13:42 MST 2005

Matthew Boehm wrote:

> I think I said it wrong. I'm not looking to "pre-compile" the dialplan;

No, I understood what you meant :-)

> Looking for more of a syntax checker than anything. Something like that
> isn't possible?

Yes, but it won't look into the data provided in each extension
priority, because that is parsed by the apps themselves.

In addition, there are various bits of the dialplan load (merging
contexts together, etc.) that can't be done without looking at the one
that is currently in memory, or it would miss potential errors.

> Sorta like "extensions reload [check]" or "extensions check|reload"

I agree it would be handy to have, but I think the implementation is
non-trivial at best.