[Asterisk-Users] Caller ID on voicemail messages

tmassey at obscorp.com tmassey at obscorp.com
Thu Mar 31 23:57:41 MST 2005

asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com wrote on 04/01/2005 12:03:15 AM:

> How do you get it to say where its from in the first place?  ;-)

It just does!  :)  I've never done anything to enable it:  It just happens
automatically.

For clarification, this is in an e-mail sent to me when I receive a
voicemail.  This is not in a voice prompt or anything like that.

>From further research, it seems that the issue is that my phone is using
plain Caller ID (just numbers) and the Voicemail app is using the name
portion of Caller ID+Name.  Unfortunately, my provider is not providing
the name portion:  they're just sticking "Toll Free" in there.

Is there a way to tell the Voicemail app to just use the number portion?

Tim Massey