[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk - MAX TNT T3 VoIP and PPP T1

Damon Estep damon at suburbanbroadband.net
Thu Mar 31 18:48:30 MST 2005

Anyone here have experience with the MAX TNT, Asterisk, T3, SIP and PPP?

More specifically, I am looking to take a DS3 hub circuit from my telco
provider and us the 28 DS1s for multiple purposes;

Several DS1s would handle PRI which would then be routed to/from
Asterisk via SIP.
Several DS1s would be PPP dedicated IP connections to remote sites.
1 DS1 would be used to terminate dial up v.90 and ISDN traffic (remote
access).

I understand that the MAX TNT sees the DS3 as 28 T1s, and I understand
that with the correct DSPs and feature keys the TDM to SIP transcoding
and integration with Asterisk is possible, and I understand that the
dial up access is not an issue, as that was the primary role of the TNT
in its prime years.

I have not seen an example of a dedicated PPP ip link over T1
terminating to the TNT.

Ultimately I will have to buy an TNT, get hands on, hire a consultant
for a while, and do a significant amount of homework, but I would rather
not waste my time and money if I can learn that something I am trying to
do will not work before I make the investment.

My questions are;

1. Can the MAX TNT handle all of this?
2. are there known limitations
2. Is there someone here that has the skills to help with the
configuration (not for free obviously).

If you know if this can be done, please answer on the list, if you can
do it please PM me since that conversation would be out of place here.

Thanks!