[Asterisk-Users] Sangoma VS. Digium

Craig Guy cguy at bigpond.net.au
Thu Mar 31 16:49:14 MST 2005

Australia could really use a cheap BRI card.  As far as the ISDN market is
concerned Australia is a bit of a backwater.  The incumbent telco ensures
that it is cheaper to buy multiple BRI's than it is to get a fractional E1.
In this little corner of the world we pay $400 for a single port Fritz! card
that costs $30 anywhere else and have to use chan_capi.  Chan_capi is ok for
basic service but is not supported by spandsp or AMP, and only partially
supported by FOP.  None of the cards containing the HFC chipset have been
approved for this country :(

Craig