[Asterisk-Users] Are there online forums instead of this emailforum??

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Thu Mar 31 14:51:20 MST 2005

On March 31, 2005 02:34 pm, Tim Bass wrote:
> Email does not build an on-line community.  The search function is
> primitive at best.   Just like Mr. Bunn said in his original email,  email
> lists for support are a dinosaur, and people who have moved beyond
> dinosaurs are considered intelligent in the evolutionary chain, LOL

Uh, yeah.

> If Digium agrees to decommission this noisy and unorganized list traffic, I
> will set up a special category for Asterisk support at www.unix.com, free
> of charge, and since Asterisk runs on Linux/Unix, this is a good fit.   I
> will give moderator rights to anyone Digium chooses.

I am speaking for myself only.  I do not work for nor pretend to speak for
Digium.

Blow it out your arse.  It seems the only people who bitch about the mailing
lists are the people who can't navigate them.  Nobody's stopping you from
setting up an asterisk forum on unix.com.  Competition is healthy.  Give it a
year.  Tell us which is more popular, your forum or the list.  My money's on
the list for the place to find solid technical answers, good (albeit
sometimes offtopic) discussion and the odd humours thread.

Again -- nobody's stopping you from proving us pro-listers wrong.  In fact, we
enourage you to compete with us.  Have at it.

-A.