[Asterisk-Users] Polycom sound quality problems

Eric Mason list-asterisk at m0t.net
Thu Mar 31 13:42:23 MST 2005

I'm having a problem with my Polycom phones and hoping someone else has
experienced the same thing: Outbound calls are fine, and inbound calls
originating from another SIP phone are fine, but inbound calls to the
Polycom phone from an IAX channel sound like you're talking to a robot.
The person on the Polycom sounds fine to the person on the IAX channel,
however.  Inbound calls to our soft phones sound just fine.

Asterisk 1.0.5 on Debian (also had the problem with 1.0 on Fedora)
Polycom SoundPoint IP500 SIP
Sixtel is the IAX provider.

Anyone experience this before or have any ideas?

Thanks
Eric