[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk-1.0.7 Build - Serious issues

Dana Olson rickaster at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 10:24:17 MST 2005

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 10:04:34 -0500, Kanuri, Seshu (Company IT)
<Seshu.Kanuri at morganstanley.com> wrote:
> Folks!
>
> I want to let everyone know that I have been trying to migrate from
> 1.0.6 to 1.0.7 last few days and I have come across serious issues in
> the build 1.0.7. What I found are listed below. I would recommend
> everyone to hold off any upgrade till the next build.
>
> 1)Voicemail - No Audio. Asterisk is not able to stream the voice to the
> Uas. 0-9 Digit files seem to be missing and Asterisk does not try to say
> extension numbers for the called user. My guess is all these .gsm files
> are corrupt and hence you don't hear anything.
>
> 2)Music on hold - .MP3 files in the ../mohmp3 and other folders are
> corrupt. When we tried to play these files using a media player, all we
> hear is gibberish.
>
> 3)DTMF is screwed up. Whatever worked in 1.06 does not work now when we
> configure this for RFC2833.
>
> Has anyone upgraded to 1.0.7 from 1.0.6 and had these issues and been
> able to find a fix?
>
> Seshu

Just to add to this, I've been having some issues with audio with
1.0.7 as well. I haven't yet downgraded back to 1.0.6 to see if it
solves it, but basically, I'm hearing some artifacts, and these didn't
occur in the last 3 or 4 builds. I'm using the same phone and same
config as I had been on 1.0.6. Other people that I call say that my
phone sounds like crap now too. Also, when dialing over a Zap channel,
the audio seems to sorta stutter now, at the very first second or two
of a call. This didn't happen prior to 1.0.7.

When I get some time that the server is not in use, I will downgrade
and try to confirm that it is definitely an issue with the new build,
but so far it seems that way.
--
Dana