[Asterisk-Users] Are there online forums instead of this email forum??

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Thu Mar 31 10:18:30 MST 2005

Chuck Bunn wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am new to Asterisk and the first thing I have noticed about Asterisk
> and Pingtels open PBX's is that they are using this dinosaur method of
> running forums. It is a real pain getting every message in the forum
> and essentially keeping my own database of issues. With that said are
> there any forums that are well used or that might even convert this
> email in a true forum that is searchable and that doesn't require me
> downloading every email. Before you go and rant on me go see how Mambo
> Server does it at  http://forum.mamboserver.com. The forums are easy
> to use and thus are easy to participate in. I use mozilla Thunderbird
> and I have setup filters and all but it still is a pain to use this
> outdated email forum.

The key snag with using anything other than a mailing list is most of
the people who know that they are talking about wouldn't participate in
anything other than a mailing list. News groups generally get dragged
down into uselessness, and all the web based forums are a major PITA to use.

Regards,
Steve