[Asterisk-Users] Sangoma VS. Digium

Remco Barende asterisk at barendse.to
Thu Mar 31 06:52:56 MST 2005

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005, Eric Bishop wrote:

> True. I think Digium's USA bias is clearly demonstrated by their lack
> of a BRI ISDN product. Most of the rest of the world use it in
> abudnace yet Digium do not see fit to service this market because it
> is not big in the US..... very poor...

Why on earth would Digium develop a ISDN BRI card while you can buy a
HFC-S card that will work anywhere in Europe for less than 30 dollars?
(The quad bri cards are overpriced, EUR 600 is just too much for such a
simple card).

That would be a waste of time and money better spent on other development.

If you use bristuff and use the florz patch you have a very stable and
solid product. (Bristuff without florz patch sucks, I really don't
understand why the GPL'ed florz patch isn't included in bristuff by
default).

It would be nice if Digium would accept the bristuff patch at some stage
and include it in asterisk.

Regarding Sangoma vs. Digium cards, clearly Digium is providing a product
at a very reasonable price (both the T1/E1 cards as well as * itself) and
I really do not see any reason to not support them by buying Sangoma.

Just my $0.02 :)