[Asterisk-Users] Sangoma VS. Digium

mattf mattf at vicimarketing.com
Thu Mar 31 06:07:49 MST 2005

Hello,

I need to correct myself on one of the points I made in my reply last night.
As a very polite developer from Sangoma stated to me(with evidence I might
add)they have in the past and continue to today contribute code to GPL
Asterisk. It doesn't say so on their website but their developers have been
bug-checking, patching and contributing new code to Asterisk for some time
now. They just started directly giving credit from Sangoma for some of these
contributions in the bugtracker starting this week. While it is true that
they probably don't have as many full-time dedicated Asterisk developers as
Digium does, a portion of a Sangoma AFT card purchase will go towards
further development of Asterisk. So you can feel a little less-bad about
buying those Sangoma cards now.

MATT---