[Asterisk-Users] Problem faxing to a fax machine.

HengWee Chin chinhw at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 30 23:50:24 MST 2005

Hi all,

  I encounter a strange problem when trying to fax thro' asterisk. I am able
to fax to other fax machine except for a particular fax machine.

  The moment asterisk dial the fax number, it will hangup. I have checked
the HANGUPCAUSE value. It is 42 ,AST_CAUSE_SWITCH_CONGESTION.

  I notice something different when I dial the number directly with a mobile
phone. The moment the fax machine pick up on the far end, it play a strange
tone before the usual fax machine noise appear. My guess is that it is this
tone that cause asterisk to hangup.

  Unfortunately, I am not able to provide a make of the fax machine. Anyone
have any idea how can I overcome this? Base on what I have read on
voip-info.org, it seems like the fax machine is implementing a zapateller
like feature on the far end.

  Thanks in advance. Appreciate any help rendered.

Regards,
Chin