[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk <--> PABX

jurgen thinger at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 17:25:04 MST 2005

Hi Rudolf,

Paul's right, I've configured our Asterisk box to talk to our existing
(and on its way out the door) analogue PABX. It's a bit of a hacky
kludge, but I'm using an analogue 4-port FXO card in the Asterisk box,
connected to four analogue extensions out of the old PABX.

I could also have used an FXS card and configured the old PABX to
recognise them as 4 ordinary PSTN trunks, but when the system goes
live, I wouldn't need any FXS ports, so I didn't bother. Trunking is
probably the more "correct" solution here though.

If you need more than 4 concurrent lines, and have the capability,
take a look at trunking them together with ISDN. This is a bit beyond
what I've tried here, but it ought to work.

......jurgen

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 09:03:21 +1000, rudolfl at optusnet.com.au

thinger at gmail.com is jurgen's gmail address.
Visit http://jurgen.ca/ for more yummy goodness.