[Asterisk-Users] ISDN question

Brett, Gary gary.brett at cetelem.co.uk
Wed Mar 30 15:18:01 MST 2005

Hi there

I wonder if anybody has had this problem before, I am running Asterisk v1.06
stable on FC1 with a digium TE110p card (I am in the UK so am using E1
through British Telecom with my * server as the PRI_CPE). The strange thing
is, everything is fine, no problems with asterisk, the card comes up fine I
can receive calls, but the problem comes when making calls, when I dial out,
it gets to the British Telecom exchange and brings back the BT message "The
number you have dialled has not been recoginised" . so the first thing I did
was to make sure that the number was the full telephone number, and indeed
it is, my dial plan does not prepend any digits to outbound calls so there
is no reason to doubt that I am sending the full string to BT, even my CLI
has the full number ie Zap/g1/02087775566 , very strange. I am fortunate
enough to have at my disposal a spare E1 card on a 3com NBX Voip Switch, so
as a test ran a back to back E1 crossover between the 3Com and the * Server.
I configured the dial plan on the 3com to forward whatever it received
directly out to the telco (with no digit manipulation, effectivly bridging
the call) and hey presto, the destination phone rings. I check the logs of
the 3com NBX, and indeed it receved the full number and passed it straight
on to BT successfully, however if I connect * straight to BT , BT don't
recognise what I send them.......

I am quite new to ISDN technologies and am little confused how this can
happen, Is there something I am missing here, what else gets passed to the
telco from the PRI_CPE end??

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Gary