[Asterisk-Users] SPA-841 Call waiting?

Steve Clark sclark at netwolves.com
Wed Mar 30 14:22:53 MST 2005

Daryll Strauss wrote:
> The SPA-841 is either a 2 call appearance or a 4 call appearance phone
> depending on whether or not you spend the extra $30.
>
> In order to support call waiting, 3-way calling, etc. You must assign
> both lines to the same extension. Fill in extension 1 so that it
> registers with Asterisk using the Ext1 tab as an admin. Then on the
> phone tab, assign line 1 and line 2 to extension 1.
>
> When the phone is not in use and a call comes in line 1 will light and
> you will see the caller-id information on the LCD. When a second call
> comes in line 2 will light. You can then put calls on hold and switch
> between the lines using the buttons on the phone. That's the way I use
> the SPA-841.
>
> If you really want the phone to answer to two different extensions
> under Asterisk, you could do that, but you lose the ability for the
> phone to do the additional features. Instead you would have to have
> Asterisk provide those features for you, by keeping Asterisk in the
> media path, flashing the line, and then using in band signalling.
>
> Of course, you can get two lines with full features by paying the extra $30.
>
> - |Daryll

Thanks Daryll and Paul,

I am wanting to use it as you describe and have been trying different configs
for the past two days with no luck. I am using the latest firmware from sipura site.

I have been doing it without having it register with asterisk though.

I'll go thru the config one more time if it still doesn't work I'll then try
having it register with asterisk not that I can see where that should make a
difference.

Regards,
Steve