[Asterisk-Users] Voicepulse connect has doubled their rates

Sean Kennedy skennedy at tpno-co.org
Wed Mar 30 13:12:29 MST 2005

Tim Burt wrote:

>Today I received an email informing me that effective April 1, my per
>number charge for VOIP will almost double.
>
>This is the downside of VOIP.  It is unregulated.
>
>I have published and distributed my new VOIP phone number, and now, with
>no warning, my monthly charge has doubled.
>
>Ouch..  Beware of which provider you choose!
>
>There is nothing to prevent them from doubling my rates again on May 1st!

Getting a little dramatic there, aren't we?

It's going from 7.95 ( 8 bucks ) a month to 11 bucks, an increase of
72%.  That's hardly what I'd call doubling ( unless you're using that
new math I've heard so much about ).

And it's still cheaper than my land line, when you consider that all
incoming calls are free, as well as all 1800 numbers.  For everything
else, there's voip-jet.

Not that I apprecaite the raise much myself, but hey, this industry is
still in it's infancy.  It gets too bad, someone else will take their place.

Sean