[Asterisk-Users] Web-based conference management update

Dan Austin Dan_Austin at Phoenix.com
Wed Mar 30 13:12:43 MST 2005

The reponse to the MeetMe2, CBMySQL and web interface was great,
and I am sorry that so many people had problems with the patches.

I had a chance to review the Web-MeetMe interface that Areski wrote,
which uses the standard MeetMe application, and it is a much better
choice to base my future scheduler work on.  If all that you are
looking for is a visual interface to manage an active conference,
my updates are not needed.  If you want an interface to handle
conference scheduling tasks, continue reading.

So, I have removed the patches and web interface for the MeetMe2
version from my web site.  In their place there is now a single
small patch for app_meetme.c, the complete source for app_cbmysql.c,
a sample cbmysql.cond, a Makefile patch to add app_cbmysql and the
Web-MeetMe gui.

The MeetMe patch should apply to 1.0.5 - 1.0.7, but not recent CVS.
It should not be needed for a CVS version.

I have not written a README yet, but the install is pretty simple.

1.  Download and extract the Web-MeetMe gui to your web server
	document root.
2.  Edit the Web-MeetMe/lib/defines to match your database and
	manager.conf settings
3.  Download and compile app_cbmysql
4.  Download cbmysql.conf to /etc/asterisk, edit to suit.
5.  Edit /etc/asterisk/manager.conf
6.  Edit extensions.conf (example)-
	exten => 8600,1,Answer
	exten => 8600,2,Wait(1)
	exten => 8600,3,CBMysql()
	exten => 8600,4,Hangup
7.  (re)Start asterisk and enjoy.

***Note about app_cbmysql***
I am not the original author.  I plan to update and maintain it
for my company, but the same process COULD be done in the dialplan.
If someone wants to provide a dialplan to accomplish that, then
CBMySQL is not a requirement.

Features of CBMySQL that a dialplan should provide-
	Enforce conference start time
	Validate conference id
	Validate password
	Differentiate users from admins based on password
	Enforce maximum conference participant count

I'd like thank Areski for the excellent package, and the
*@Home team for providing the patch for MeetMe 1.0[57].

Dan