[Asterisk-Users] Fax detection

niles at atheos.net niles at atheos.net
Wed Mar 30 12:29:06 MST 2005

Hello,

I'm attempting to configure my office Asterisk server to do fax
detection for each one of our DID's configured for different users.
Each person in our office has their own phone number, and I want each
to do both voice & fax.

Fax detection works great when configured like this:

exten => fax,1,Macro(faxreceive)
exten => fax,2,SetVar(EMAILADDR=niles at atheos.net)
exten => h,1,system(/usr/local/sbin/mailfax ${FAXFILE} ${EMAILADDR}
"${CALLERIDNUM} ${CALLERIDNAME}")

This will detect any incoming fax for this particular context and
basically work as expected.
I attempted to do some callerid matching to ensure the correct person
gets their fax.
When configured like this, Asterisk doesn't match the incoming DID to
the fax user in question.

exten => fax/3172152560,1,Macro(faxreceive)
exten => fax/3172152560,2,SetVar(EMAILADDR=niles at atheos.net)
exten => h,1,system(/usr/local/sbin/mailfax ${FAXFILE} ${EMAILADDR}
"${CALLERIDNUM} ${CALLERIDNAME}")

This didn't work!
I then tried this:

exten => fax/3172152561,2,SetVar(EMAILADDR=someoneelse at atheos.net)
exten => h,1,system(/usr/local/sbin/mailfax ${FAXFILE} ${EMAILADDR}
"${CALLERIDNUM} ${CALLERIDNAME}")

this also didn't work, although it did everything but set the e-mail
variable.
Any ideas?
Niles