[Asterisk-Users] Bristuff

Stefan Reuter srt at reucon.net
Wed Mar 30 11:46:23 MST 2005

On Wed, 2005-03-30 at 21:22 +0300, laine.marko at porilainen.com wrote:
> Is bristuff tarball only needed for isdn cards with NT mode or do i need it also
> to connect external ISDN phone line to my non-HFC ISDN card?

bristuff is only needed for HFC based cards, so if you only use an AVM
card for example there is no need for bristuff.

> other question is, what is bristuffs content? Is there for example CAPI driver
> in it? In other words,do I need CAPI in addition with bristuff and what else?

You need chan_capi if you want to use CAPI. chan_capi is not included in
bristuff but available from the same author as bristuff:
http://www.junghanns.net/asterisk/downloads/chan_capi.0.3.5.tar.gz

If you use a HFC and non-HFC in the same box you need both - bristuff
and chan_capi.

=Stefan